In a time of disposable diapers and tear away football jerseys, it is very apparent that we live in a time when longevity is not often rewarded. And while many people are living longer lives, they are also going through more supplies and materials than any time in the past. And while many people may have been accustomed to being home appliances that no longer last decades, it is importune to note that are still some industries that rely on machines and products that are still reliable. In the transportation and manufacturing industry, for instance, it is important to note that the use of castrol oil products and various kinds of metalworking and cutting fluids add to the value of trucks, machines, and, even individual, parts.
Castrol oil products may not be well known in hoe use, but most scientists and engineers have long understood that a well maintained piece of machinery can literally last a lifetime. And while it may be common for some individual lease owners to trade in a vehicle after just 40,000 to 50,000 miles, there are road working pieces of equipment and transportation trucks that last for as long as 300,000 miles.
With the use of castrol oil products wholesale, many companies are able to extend not only the life, but also the value of everything from individual vehicles to manufacturing machines, and individual and often used parts. Consider some of these facts and figures about the use of Castrol oil products and other similar kinds of lubricants that keep entire industries going and profitable:
- Cooling, lubrication, chip removal, and corrosion control are the four main functions of metalworking fluids. The highest rated fluids produce results that are worth the investment.
- As another kind of category, semi-synthetic lubricants contain less than 30% oil content in concentrate while pure synthetics contain no oil whatsoever. Both of these kinds of fluids offer different kinds of advantages and disadvantages.
- Metalworking lubricants, coolants, and fluids play a vital role in every kind of machining work. Typically, a substantial flow of fluids is used in the metal removal process, between four and 20 liters per minute, so it is important that the fluids that are used last as long as possible.
- Nearly 2.5 million metric tonnes of metalworking fluids were sold across the globe, according to Future Market Insights’ report from 2016.
- another report from 2016 report projected that the metalworking fluids market was expected to reach $9.74 billion by the year 2020. It may take some time to know how the pandemic will effect these numbers.
- More than $4 billion worth of metalworking fluids is anticipated to be consumed for lubricating transportation equipment across the globe, according to a Future Market Insights report from the year 2017.
- 89% of lubrication professionals consider an oil’s viscosity index when selecting a lubricant, according to a recent survey.
- Manufacturing companies estimate that 70% of their unplanned equipment shutdowns in the last three years were caused by incorrect lubricant selection or management, according to a recent study. As a result, it is important to make sure that every company employs the most knowledgeable engineers and structural scientists.
- A recent international study indicated that a mere 42% of manufacturing companies have all the correct procedures in place to manage lubricants effectively, but that 63% believe they do not conduct staff training on lubricants as regularly as they should.
- With as many as 400 million entrepreneurs worldwide, it should come as no surprise that there are many more advancements that will be made. Many of them will rely on Castrol oil products and other kinds of machining lubricants.
- An added advantages to some of the latest technologies is that cost reductions from recycling metalworking fluids can be significant. This represents a potential 8% volume reduction against a non-recycling system.
According to the way that so many of us live our lives it is easy to thing that we live in a disposable society. It is important to note, however, that much of the infrastructure that we rely on depend on the right kind of maintenance and care. This maintenance and care relies on the best kind of machining lubricants.