This has been a winter when having a pick up truck has been a real advantage. When you have a snow blade that you can attach to your truck, you are likely in an even better situation. As one of the snowiest winters on record, there are many families who have benefitted from vehicles that get around well in the worst of weather, and families who have benefitted even more from trucks that have blades that can be used to push snow.
As a result of so many people owning trucks, there is a growing market for other specialized products like Silverado bed hooks, truck bed anchors, and many other kinds of products that can extend the ways that a truck can be used.
Pick Up Trucks Remain One of the Most Popular Selling Models
Whether you find yourself looking for Silverado bed hooks or you are searching for Ford F150 bed tie downs, you are not alone. In fact, there is an entire industry built around truck accessories, everything from retractable tie downs for trucks to snow blades. One of the reasons that trucks are so popular, in fact, is that they are a versatile vehicles. Consider some of these facts and figures about the role that trucks and truck accessories play in the nation’s economy, as well as safety concerns they can raise:
- The average price of a new vehicle is $35,309, according to Kelley Blue Book, so it is no wonder that so many people want to drive their older, well loved trucks as long as possible.
- Jumping to a market share of 64.5%, light trucks, which include pickups, SUVs, and vans, outsold cars for a fifth straight year in the year 2017.
- Reaching their fourth highest mark in sales history, the U.S. auto market sold more than 17 million light vehicles in the year 2017.
- Unmarked webbed cargo straps in good condition are rated at a minimum of 1,000 pounds WLL per inch of width, but it is important to nor over extend these straps.
- Over a four year study by AAA of 200,000 crashes caused by dangerous debris, 500 people were killed and 39,000 were injured.
- 66% of the 200,000 crashes in the same four year study by AAA were the result of improperly secured truck cargo.
The average age of passenger vehicles on the road right now is 11.6 years, but if you have a favorite trucks with high milage you know the appeal to keeping something that you love. If you are someone who lives in part of the country where winter has been longer, colder, and snowier than normal, you may especially glad that you have your favorite truck. Especially if you have a snow blade! Whether you are looking for a winter weather accessory or you are looking for something very specific like Silverado bed hooks, it is always important to make sure that you buy the highest quality that you can afford so that everything is as safe as possible.