Adulting is not always easy. In addition to the freedoms that comes with being in charge of your own life, adulting also comes with many responsibilities. From home and car ownership to working a full time job to pay for all of your bills, being an adult can be exhausting. Few responsibilities, however, have as immediate of an impact as car maintenance. In fact, if you want a measure of how your adulting is going, check the current state of your vehicle. Is it clean? Is it running efficiently? Is it current on its oil change and tire rotations? If you are current on all of the car maintenance you are able to get to work on time and enjoy all of the other responsibilities that come with having a reliable car.
Auto Repair and Car Maintenance Tasks Require Careful Attention to Detail
Car specialists offer a number of services, so it is important to pay attention to the kind of resources that you need to make sure that you are able to keep your vehicle both safe and efficient. Finding the right auto mechanic can help you get the car repair and maintenance that you need to protect a major investment. The fact that a vehicle is often the second biggest investment anyone ever makes means that the maintenance can have a huge impact on a person’s financial status. Vehicle owners who put off or ignore needed car maintenance can help avoid larger and more serious car repairs.
Consider these facts and figures about the most important maintenance tasks that car owners focus on:
- With a lack of a good oil change a more common reason than not. Today mechanical failures account for over 10% of all auto accidents.
- Between 2012 and 2017, the auto repair industry grew 2.5%.
- Spring of 2017 was a time when nearly 40 million people used at least one auto repair service on their vehicle within a single 12 month period.
- You should change your oil every 5,000 miles or four months, whichever comes first, according to recommendations by most auto repair professionals.
- There were 257.9 million passenger vehicles registered in the U.S. in 2015.
- While the rest will work with specific dealerships, an industry survey found that 75% of aftermarket auto repair is performed by independent auto repair shops.
Adulting can be fun, but it is also important to realize that there are many responsibilities that come with the fun. Car maintenance is one of the best ways to make sure that your adult life is as successful as possible.