This retirement is quite the life.
You were in Vegas the beginning of October where your husband sold his 1963 Corvette at the a major classic car auction. He was able to make some money on the deal, which was quite a reward after all of the hours he spent on soft cloth car washes over the last 15 years of ownership. It was such a big event that your son even flew in for the day to see the car auctioned. It was pretty exciting and your son was so happy he came. It was wonderful to see him, with or without the auction, as you had not seen him since February.
In two weeks you and your husband will be parr of six couples who are going to Kansas City for the weekend. You have a dinner theater to go to on Friday night and an illusionist on Saturday night, so it should be a fun weekend as well.
This is the first year when you have quit taking substitute teaching jobs and your husband is taking advantage of the more flexible schedule. He retired nearly eight years ago and sits on the board of two different energy companies, but he has been waiting for you to give up your random days in the classroom to plan even more trips.
You fear, however, that all of these corvette auctions and trips wil lead to even more classic car purchases.
Professional Car Cleaning Services Help Collectors Maintain the Value of Their Vehicles
Investing in classic cars is a fun investment and it can lead to a great group of friends as well as a way to spend long weekends with like minded people. Once you join the crowd that loves cars, however, you will likely find yourself being quite a bit more particular about the way that you care for the vehicles that you drive. From the use of only the best soft cloth car washes to the knowing which kind of car shampoo is the best and spending more time with your car vacuum than you do your golf clubs, there are so many ways you can spend your time making sure that your ride is always ready for the next show or trip.
Even if you are not an owner of a classic car then you likely know that some car wash locations are better than others. Some are better maintained, some are less expensive, some are simply the place where other classic car owners frequent. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that soft cloth car washes and other car care centers continue to grow in popularity among many kinds of drivers:
- Americans spend approximately $5.8 billion a year at car wash facilities, according to the United States Census Bureau.
- There are over 100,000 car wash facilities in the U.S., according to the United States Census Bureau.
- 8 million vehicles a day are washed at car washes, and $15 is the average price for one single wash. This is an indicator of how much of an impact these washes have on the automotive industry.
- In the last decade and a half, there has been a 69% increase in vehicle owners using car wash facilities rather than washing their car themselves.
- The average U.S. car is 11.6 years old, according to the business industry analysts at IHS Markit. These older cars often need more frequent and gentle care to maintain their paint jobs.
- 65% of car wash service providers also dispense gasoline.
You do not have to be the owner of a fleet of classic cars to know the value of a high quality soft cloth car wash. In fact, finding a car wash that cleans your car without doing any damage to the paint is an important value for many people. Unfortunately, there are places in the country where water shortages have limited the amount of time that car washes can be opened. Did you know, for instance, that approximately 38 gallons of water is used for each car that is washed? Finding a way to use less water and wash at home then becomes an important option for the most particular of car owners.