How Businesses Can Benefit From Installing EV Charging Stations
It’s no secret that Americans are fans of electric vehicles. It’s estimated that more than 750,000 Americans have switched to driving electric vehicles in the last few years. As if that wasn’t enough, U.S. electric vehicle (EV) market grew almost 40% year-over-year to 90,302 vehicles in the first half of 2017 alone.
It’s not hard to see why American continue to make the switch to electric cars. If you’re in the market for a new car, electric vehicles offer plenty of benefits:
- Eco-friendly: Electric vehicles (EVs) can help significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reduce pollution that comes from car exhaust.
- Safety: Believe it or not, most electric cars are less likely to roll over because they have low centers of gravity. Not only that, but they are also built to be very durable.
- Fuel Savings: No matter where you drive gas-powered cars or electric vehicles, you’re going to need fuel. The good news is that fueling electric vehicles costs a lot less than gasoline does because you’ll have lower running costs over time.
- Easy maintenance: Most electric cars have less parts than conventional cars, which means there’s less maintenance costs to worry about. This includes a lack of radiators and fuel injection systems that are crucial to gas-powered cars.
- Better health: Reduced emissions mean less air pollution, less noise pollution, better air quality and better health.
As you can see, there are many benefits for the thousands of Americans who continue to buy electric cars. But with so many electric cars on the road, there’s an increased need for electric car charging stations. Whether business owners know it or not, the need for electric car charging is important and there’s money to be made by having an EV charging station on site or owning electric car charging stations. The benefits of having such a setup include:
- Making a statement: By providing electric car charging stations and charging networks, a company can make a bold, proud statement about what its values are. Supporting EVs sends a message that a company is dedicated to helping the environment and is thinking about the future. With as fast as business moves these days, companies that are forward-thinking and on the forefront of technology can make a strong, positive impression with employees and customers and do a lot to strengthen their respective brands.
- Tax advantages: By installing quality commercial EV charging stations, companies open themselves up the possibility of having EVs for company use. Not only does this help the environment, but it also offers many tax advantages.
Companies may not know it, but the United States Department of Energy offers a federal incentive program that gives up to $7,500 in federal tax credits for buying an electric vehicle. There are also tax incentives and credits available for companies who have had charging stations installed.
- Retaining employees: As more and more people buy electric cars, business with electric car charging stations can offer a big benefit to employees. The simple truth is that charging stations can’t be found here, there and everywhere. So employees can easily charge their car at work, which can be seen as a big incentive to staying with a company or for bringing in new employees when there are vacancies.
- Better health: Driving electric cars and other electric vehicles offers plenty of benefit for the everyday American driver. But it can also have many benefits for companies. Business with charging stations can not only help their employees, but they can also help the environment while potentially drumming up new business at the same time.
At the end of 2017, there were roughly 20,000 public and private electric car charging stations in the United States with more than 17,000 of those being public. By installing electric car charging stations for public use, businesses can do a lot to help their employees, help the environment, increase their brand, strengthen their company values and make themselves appealing to new customers.