Electric Vehicle Charging
You have always worked and, on occasion, would think about how nice it would be to stay at home.
With the pandemic, however, this is no longer a dream for me. And as it turns out, the whole thing does not always feel like a dream. First of all when you are home for an extended period every thing you have put off doing for years is staring you in the face. Secondly, it if it has never occurred to you to clean just for fun, all of the extra time facing these chores is stressful. Your current motivation is always that someone might eventually stop and you want them to think the best of you. As a result, every morning you wake up thinking about what you can accomplish that day. You have never considered having the towels all folded the same way, so that is a major accomplishment that you might soon become a reality. Next thing you know you might be learning to can.
Once you reached the end of your cleaning tasks, you have had to find a new ways to keep your self busy. Most recently, you have been researching making a change in the kind of vehicle that you drive. With the significant increase of both individual and commercial electric car charging stations in your area you are strongly considering making a car purchase that will be more friendly to the environment. Especially at a time when so many people are limiting the amount of travel that they are doing, this switch might make a lit of sense. And while buying a new car is not quite like cleaning out the garage, it is important to note that you will have to do some serious rearranging to make sure that you will have enough and the right kind of space for your own EV station.
The Number of Commercial Electric Car Charging Stations Continue to Increase
The times they are a changing, and considering the fact that electric cars were already on a increase in the country, it is important to note that there are more and more people who are considering a switch, even in a time when gas prices are low. The fact that commercial electric car charging stations are easier to access, of course, adds to the convenience of making this decision. Consider some of these facts and figures about the many ways that the purchase of electric cars and the addition of commercial electric car charging stations are more popular than ever:
- Statsitics show that, on average, fueling a car with electricity is roughly the same as gas at purchasing $1 a gallon of gasoline.
- Growing almost 40% year-over-year to 90,302 vehicles, the U.S. electric vehicle market posted a solid first half of 2017.
- There are an estimated 20,178 EV public and private charging locations sites in the U.S., as of December 31, 2017. Of those, 17,526, representing 86.9%, were available to the public.
- For every 25 EV charging and parking spaces at a single location, at least one such parking space must be an extra-wide, American Disabilities Act compliant parking space.
- For up to 25 EV charging/parking spaces at a single location, at least one such parking space must be an extra-wide, ADA-compliant parking space.
- Plug-in electric vehicles are now viable for most budgets and lifestyles. With more than two dozen models now commercially available, in fact, some 800,000 Americans have made the switch to electric driving.
- The U.S. Department of Energy offers a federal incentive program that gives as much as $7,500 in federal tax credits for buying an electric vehicle.
- Currently, only 80% of households in the U.S. are in owner-occupied housing that has access to a garage or carport, structures that make the installation of a charging station more manageable.
- Electric vehicles will make up 54% of new car sales worldwide by year 2040, according to a 2017 Bloomberg report.
From cleaning your house to cleaning the environment, the amount of time many Americans spent at home during these last few months has provided many people with the time to reconsider how they are spending their money and using their resources. As a result, many people are switching to a more environmentally friendly mode of transportation by purchasing an electric vehicle.