The local community gathering and parade were a disappointment this year. Instead of the accompanying car show that has always been a favorite among many, the end of the parade marked the end of the scheduled activities. There were still the carnival games and the rides, but the gathering spot for the local car enthusiasts sat empty. Eventually, the lot that was typically filled with unique and valuable cars became another parking option, but there were all kinds of questions about why the Saturday afternoon car show was not part of the local festivities.
With just a little bit of investigating, many of the people who would have wanted to spend the afternoon looking at custom roadsters and other unique vehicles found that the missing event was merely a matter of miscommunication. The regular organizer was out of town when the planning meetings occurred and no one realized until it was too late that the car owners were not organized and that the event was not on the schedule.
- New cars are fun to drive, but for many classic car enthusiasts the real treat is driving a classic Corvette that has been completely refurbished. From new interior leather to a completely overhauled engine, classic car collectors will invest a good deal of cash in these great rides.
- Instead of completing all of the work themselves, there are many car enthusiasts who would rather pay a professional to complete the engine work that needs to be completed.
- Cars, as they age, require more work. In fact, a recent survey indicated that an estimated 77% of cars were in need of maintenance or repairs. this percentage may be even higher if you are a classic car enthusiast.
- Every time a car breaks down you have the choice of repairing it or selling it. For classic car owners, the process of restoration is a fun and exciting time, but one that requires the best available mechanics.
- Research shows that the highest quality car care services can help protect the investment you make in the vehicle that you drive.
- Instead of just going with the cheapest bid, finding someone knowledgeable to work on your car can require paying a little more money.
- Deciding where to go when your car breaks down is an important decision, especially if you have an invested in a classic car.
- Estimates show that Americans drive their passenger cars and trucks an average of just over 10,000 miles a year, and they get an oil change every 3,000 miles. Following routine maintenance can help you be less likely to have to deal with when a car breaks down and paying expensive repair or replacement work.
Another leisurely activity that goes hand in hand with aging gracefully is golfing. In fact, for the first time in five years you can find you and your husband able to play golf together again. You can be very excited to have your back healed so you can swing a club again, and you can have a great time on our new home course!
Whether you are just beginning to take up the sport or you are returning from a late in life back injury, golfing is an activity that provides years of enjoyment for many people. Like classic car collecting, golf is another activity that requires attention to detail and the ability to invest in quality items. From green fees to transportation to and from a car show, golfing with your spouse while taking in a car show is a great way to spend a weekend.
Whether you are dealing with a bad back and an interrupted golf game or you are trying to find a solution for when your car breaks down on the way to a classic car show, it is important to spend your time finding the best solution. Classic car owners, like retired golfers, understand the value of a good investment like repair shops, as well as the need for the right kind of maintenance. From finding the right place for a vehicle repair to the right doctor to help you get rid of lingering back pain, taking care of yourself and your investments requires both money and patience.